1st Gen Suspension Lifts

Which Lift Do you prefer (think I should buy)

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cody.agler

Reaction score
The fab tech is the best product on the market for what I have seen so far. But the Zone is usually the cheapest and as long as it comes with the complete kit including springs and shocks it does just fine.

OP
OP
Expeditionary

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The fab tech is the best product on the market for what I have seen so far. But the Zone is usually the cheapest and as long as it comes with the complete kit including springs and shocks it does just fine.

trailmaster is the cheapest, yeah it comes with shocks and springs lol. Kinda be useless with out those...
Lift kit is on hold now anyway because of my large $$$ transmission repairs in my near future. Tranny's suck

rewarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the Rancho 4" lift and it's plenty high. It looks like a 6" lift. I have the Bilsteins on it and it drives smooooth! Plus I think Rancho kits may be cheaper than the FabTech. Seriously look into the Rancho. Or do a search and check out my truck.

mtnbiking5280

Reaction score
FYI - Just had mine lifted and Fabtech had to fabricate the rear coils as they are discontinuing the 6" kit for the 1st gen Expeditions (according to 4wheel Parts).

OP
OP
Expeditionary

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
got t-boned in my truck last week trying to make a left turn, in the body shop for 2 weeks to the tune of almost 2k in body work, paint, and parts to straighten the truck out.
Once again... lift is on hold but I think I'll be going with the fabtech ebay for 2000, then new wheels, tires, and gears
I think this truck just doesnt want to be anytaller cuz when ever I get the money together for the lift something bad happens and it eats up all the money

Last edited:

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Expeditionary, save the hassle, buy my truck. Cheaper in the long run (since I have done everything you are looking at doing except I have the 4" rancho vice the 6" Fabtech). He he he he he.