20" Tire Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leissleib

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have had many sets of the BFG all terrain, they generally last about 50,000, they do good on and off road but they are expensive.

Charly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a set of Goodyear wranglers but there a bit taller the the stock ones on the 20 mines are 275/65/20 and they sit nice in the wheel well and are smooth on road and off

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you adjust something in the computer so that doesn't throw off your speedometer/odometer? Or is it not that big of a difference?

Leissleib

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have BFG all terrains, they are expensive but in my opinion worth it. They do good on the road and good at the ranch. They have always lasted a long time for me, 40,000+ on my other trucks. Only have 15000 on my expy so far but no complaints.

Charly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you adjust something in the computer so that doesn't throw off your speedometer/odometer? Or is it not that big of a difference?

I can't say there's a difference in the speedometer with me at least. even tho the tires I'm running arn't much bigger than the recommend 275/55/r20 my wranglers are 275/65/r20 and it feels the same. but I'm sure that with a programer you can input tiresize to adjust.

Last edited:

Toyman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This site will help answering the question of speedometer differences between tire sizes.

Expywhite10

Reaction score
I can't say there's a difference in the speedometer with me at least. even tho the tires I'm running arn't much bigger than the recommend 275/55/r20 my wranglers are 275/65/r20 and it feels the same. but I'm sure that with a programer you can input tiresize to adjust.

Charly, Are you running a lift/level or stock height? I have a 2010 with stock 275/55/r20's. I will be installing the Rancho Quicklifts soon, and I'd like to go up to the 275/65/r20 but I cant find anyone else running that size tire. If you are running them with stock height, I am sure I'll probably be fine with the Quicklifts.

Thanks.

lifted dave

Reaction score
For the price nittos are and how durable they are. I wouldn't second guess on buying them again

drokmofo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The nitto trail grappler is great. I got 50k+ on 2 sets of them in a 35" on my fullsize chevy. I have the Goodyear wrangler duratraks on the expy and they're good too. Only 15k on them now so I can't speak for longevity. The best bang for buck would be the nittos. It is a good semi aggressive sorta quiet tread. I have become a label ***** for goodyear. 33.5" Duratraks on the expy, 35" Kevlar muds on the '96 sas chevy, and 37" military goodyears on the 2000 sas chevy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt