2000 EB Expy 161k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JabroniBro

Reaction score
Hi all,

I found a very clean 2000 Eddie Bauer Edition Expedition with 161k miles near me. Seller is asking $2900. I was thinking no more than $2500. The interior is very clean. Exterior looks good too. Anything to be super mindful of? Too many miles? It would be my DD but I have a take home car for work so I only drive 5-8k miles per year.

knewblewkorvett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think the miles are too high for a 2000. My 2000 has almost 210,000 miles and still running strong. As for the price, I'm willing to bet he'll take the $2500. I did a quick KBB on a 2000 EB and it comes up with a range of $1900-$2700.

OP
OP
J

JabroniBro

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately it looks like this vehicle is at a small independent dealership. I'd much rather negotiate with a private seller, but we'll see!

Russell Lewis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How long there ? Coming into snow/ice season. Sales will be slow not many buying cars 2 times in winter Christmas-normally new to fairly new cars tax return time all us broke foke use it to buy a car

Use to your befit wait and watch. If a better comes a long buy it.

Word of caution small dealer do cheap/quick fixes to make look pretty-sell easy. If was me personally buy used from person can see and get a feel of the seller use as a judgement call

eluther3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think the miles are too high for a 2000. My 2000 has almost 210,000 miles and still running strong. As for the price, I'm willing to bet he'll take the $2500. I did a quick KBB on a 2000 EB and it comes up with a range of $1900-$2700.
Ditto on the miles. I'm at 225K. I bought it at 110K about 10 years ago. Only major issues I have had are the transmission. Replaced once under warranty right when I bought it. Rebuilt again last year

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
$1700-$2000, this vehicle is 18 years old and has 161K. It will nickel and dime you. You will will be fixing things on a regular basis. Mine has 103K, I was driving home a couple weeks ago and lost my brakes. A brake line rusted/blew out. I just changed lower trailing arms(rusted out,check them!). My radiator core support has begun to rust out. Any small car lot, selling cars this old, I be leery of. They buy from auctions and usually pay trade in prices. I bet this lot, paid less than $1000, put a few hundred in it and gave it a good detailing. Offer $1700 and show him the cash. He may sell it. Keep the extra money on hand, for repairs. Good Luck