2000 Eddie Bauer - no A/C, need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G Ford Fan

Reaction score
Hello!

This is my first post here at the Expedition owners forum. I'm in need of some help.

My 2000 Expedition has no A/C at all, not in any of the front vents (blows warm air) OR the rear vents.

I verified that the A/C compressor does turn on and run when I turn on 'max ac' on the electronic controls in the dash.

I have heard that a vaccum line under the battery tray could be a problem, but I've not been able to check that yet.

I would find it hard to believe that a 2000 vehicle with 98K would have a freon leak.

If anyone can assist me, I'd very much appreciate it as we are going on vacation in the near future and I'd like to have working A/C.

The truck is in very good condition overall.

Thanks,
Greg

04DrBlur

Reaction score
You first need to verify that your compressor is staying on. If it is cycling on and off you are low on refridgerant. I just went through this on my 99 Quest.

OP
OP
G

G Ford Fan

Reaction score
The compressor does not cycle on and off, it runs continous. The issue is that from my understanding the blend door issue is when you have warm air out of the front vents and cold air out of the rear vents. I have warm air out of BOTH of them, which, from what I have read tells me the blend door is not my problem.

I also did the self-diagnostic on my electronic HVAC controls, it brought up no codes, but when I ended the test, everything lit up on the display and then went out, then back to normal.

This is strange to say the least.

Can anyone else offer any suggestions?

Thanks,
Greg

JonnyQball79

Reaction score
Hi I have an 01 EB Expy and no AC as well. Just curious if you figured your problem yet? When I charged my system with a home kit I noticed a long hissing sound and some green coolant dripping from a line going to the back of the vehicle.

JonnyQball79

Reaction score
Hey just curious, Im a dodge guy so not familar with ford but is the AC compressor run the same, just constantly running??

FORDgirl

Reaction score
I have a 01 EB Expedition and recently lost all cold air from AC. Only hot air would blow from front and rear vents. After checking all the fuses, the relay and connections at the back of the control panel itself, I finally took it to a mechanic. I had a crack in an AC hose and was leaking refrigerant. I had to have the hose replaced, a new receiver drier and refrigerant added. I do a lot of work myself, but not on ACs.

JonnyQball79

Reaction score
I have a 01 EB Expedition and recently lost all cold air from AC. Only hot air would blow from front and rear vents. After checking all the fuses, the relay and connections at the back of the control panel itself, I finally took it to a mechanic. I had a crack in an AC hose and was leaking refrigerant. I had to have the hose replaced, a new receiver drier and refrigerant added. I do a lot of work myself, but not on ACs.

Yeah how much did that end up costing you? I think I have a hole in a line going to the back AC compressor