2000 Ford Expedition Door lock problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadowcat

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 2000 XLT and for some reason the door locks have just started this thing where if I go an lock it, the lock does not go down all the way, and even though I locked it, it is still unlocked. It also works the other way~when I try to unlock the truck, either by key fob or key pad, I have to press unlock at least 4-8 times before it will release. I have had the truck since 2003, worked great, then in the last couple years I have had this problem, though, not as severe as it is now, and never before on the driver's door. Please give me your ideas, is it as simple as a door actuator? Or an electrical problem? :eek:

hardlife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
WD-40 could be your answer. My 02 had that problem on the read door. Just gummed up. Good luck.

97EB5.4

Reaction score
Mine have been starting to do that and its a 97. Ford was never well known for good durable door lock motors. I would take the door panel off and lube all the linkages and pray. I know in my mustang the motors are about 80$ brand new. I just havent had the time to break into my doors on the EB to find out what needs to be done.

acepete

Reaction score
I have a 2000 and I can't get it to lock. Unlock works fine but not the lock. Any ideas guy's???

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
time for door actuators....at least mine did the same thing...replaced the front door actuators and the are snap snap....up or down...

abnranger67

Reaction score
Hey guys my truck was stolen a few years ago. They used a screw driver and pried the door lock (where I insert the key) out of the hole. I can still lock and unlock the door, but only with the remote or the keypad. What are my options? I still want to be able to use the keypad and the remote to lock and unlock the doors. I hope I can just buy a new "lock" and of course have a separate key just for that lock.

B

bedrck46

I would use either wd40 or I prefer silicon spray as it doesn't have the odor that wd40 has

for abnranger67 replace the lock cylinder you could always have a locksmith set it up to match the original keys or use a different key