2002 EXPED Rear Glass Strut Right Side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ted Rund

Reaction score
In the photo below of my rear glass in the upright position (passenger side), you can see the two holes that receive the threaded bolt which holds the gas window strut in place. Does anyone know: the length of the screw, the thread size, etc. Does a nut go on the other end? If no nut, then do I use a thread sealer to keep the bolt in place?
Thanks All.
20220104_154723.jpg

OP
OP
T

Ted Rund

Reaction score
Hamfisted,
Your clevis solution looks like the way for me to go. The spring pin solution looks a bit bulky. I didn't bring up the drivers side, because I have the same problem there also. Thanks for great advice.

OP
OP
T

Ted Rund

Reaction score
Everyone,
Problem solved for $3.

Hamfisted's clevis solution is the correct solution (see post #2), however, no big box, little box, or specialty bolt store near where I live carried the 5/32" diameter clevis pin WITH A GROOVE to do this repair correctly. (3/16" diameter is too big)

My work-around solution was an #8-32 diameter x 7/8" bolt with a NYLON nut. These were obtainable for me in black color locally at the big boxes.
I hope this helps someone in the future.
Ted