2002 Expedition Power Door Lock not unlocking when pressing U

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcrisman

Reaction score
Hello All
This morning I tried the incorrect code on my Expo key pad multiple times. I guess old age/concussions have caught up to me... After a few minutes I remembered the correct code and was able to unlock doors. Now my power door locks will not unlock when pressing U on driver/passenger locks. When I press L on both driver/passenger doors it locks. My key FOB works perfectly to lock and unlock all doors. In my manual I found Power Door Lock Disable Feature. I have followed the steps on enable/disable this feature- no help. Did I somehow enable a security feature my putting in the wrong door code that has disabled my power unlock button/switch?? I popped out the switch panel so I could disconnect the wiring plug to the PDL switch. When i pulled out wiring plug from the switch the lock started locking and unlocking. Didn't really completely unlock, it was making that lock/unlock sound/movement when connectors barely touching switch. Is it coincidence that my locks wont unlock because of the incorrect code or do I have a different issue. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
J

jcrisman

Reaction score
Solved.. After finding some info online from owners with same problem they suggested swapping switch to rule this problem out. I swapped to passenger PDL switch to drive door. It works fine now. When pressing the U down it was soft feeling versus pressing L it was firm and sprung back into place. I will need to pick up a new driver side switch at junk yard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deena