2003 Expedition throttle body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davesexplorer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I may still have my stock 5.4 throttle body If that's what yours was - I will look in my mess of a garage for you.

OP
OP
P

phantom_1

Reaction score
Phantom_1

I didnt know any body made a after market one that will still work with the cruise control. But yes I do need a new one my throttle cable cam is broken. If you know the after market one you have or if you like to sell your old old one I would be interested.

davesexplorer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used a MAC 75mm throttle body for 97-03 and it works just like stock - with much quicker response. I got it on ebay for just a smidge more than $100 about a year and a half ago. Here's a link of the equivalent:

http://www.v8power.com/item--MAC-75mm-Throttle-Body-97-03-4-6-5-4-F150-Expedition--MAC3775.html

What part on the throttle body is the cable cam? I found my stock one minus the gasket and the sensor on the side. It's a bit dirty but worked fine. If you want the throttle body or a part off it let me know I dont need it just pay for shipping and it's yours.

Here's a pic, minus the sensor and gasket is what I have:

24461560052_large.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

phantom_1

Reaction score
Phantom_1

I thank you for all the info. Since I have a high performance engine I think I would like to go ahead and purchase the new one. Thank you for the the link.

mikegigabyte

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was looking at the link online, I have a 2003, does that mean it will work on the 03, or up to 2003. Ive ran into that problem when buying the repair books where it means 2002.

davesexplorer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So far with everything I've done the 5.4 is pretty similar between 97-03, somewhere in 04 is when the 3V 5.4 started and you have many more differences. I found some differences here and there, I bought a ported intake manifold for a 2001 5.4 and the EGR is a little differently located on my '03 engine. There are probably more minor differences here and there but with a little mod you can get earlier parts to fit.

I used the larger MAC throttle body made for 97-02 on my engine and everything lined up fine with no issues.

My gibson headers are made specifically for 03-04 2V engines so there could be another difference there.

Status
Not open for further replies.