2003 Ford Expedition 4x4 module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony@MTVA

Reaction score
You can buy them on ebay for $100 or less. I bought two but that was not the problem. Mine was a corroded broken wire (violet). Once found and soldered everything starting working again. See my post from about a year ago which explains where it is located.

OP
OP
P

Paul1954

Reaction score
I found it, and the purple wire was replaced with a new wire, I found one on ebay, it will be here on Thursday

josh1095

Reaction score
Is that a plug n play thing? I'm just curious. I think thatmodule may reside on Ford's proprietary UBP network. I just say that because it doesn't show up as a listed module in forscan.
I'm new to it though. Please let us know when it arrives if it's a plug n play or not.
Good luck bud!

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Copied from the 03 service manual

Four-Wheel Drive (4WD) Control Module

Removal

S3J~tr~en~file=ani_caut.gif~gen~ref.gif
CAUTION: Prior to removal of the four-wheel drive (4WD) control module, it is necessary to upload module configuration information to a diagnostic tool. This information needs to be downloaded into the new module once installed. For additional information, refer to Section 418-01 .