2003 Heated Mirror Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spider45

Reaction score
Speaking of Mirrors!!

I have an 05 XLT. Just moved to Oregon from Florida. It is still frosty here in the AM and it would be nice to have the heated mirrors when i take my grand daughter to school in the morning.

My question is: Is the wiring for the mirrors in place and all i need is the correct mirrors (and an on-off switch) or are all the mirrors the same - w/o the turn sigs - and all i have to do is run the correct hookup?

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that is a good question.... I have the heated mirrors on my 03 and they activate when I use the rear defrost. I would ask the dealer what it would take to upgrade. Act like you are interested in buying the parts from them.....LOL
Matt R

phantom_1

Reaction score
yes your wiring will be the same. Ford saves money by keeping all the wiring harnesses the same. Check the after market or junkyards the dealers price will be outragous.

cahess

Reaction score
You might be suprised on a price from teh dealer. I broke a mirror wjhen I war carrying something in the garage and I hit my mirror with whatever it was in my hands and craked it. I bought from the dealer (couldn't find one on ebay). It was like 54.00 and then I knew it was brand new and didn't have to worry about it working. Check your dealer, they might not be too bad. It was just the mirror, not the housing. It just snapped in.

Charles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker