2004 audio question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xchosen

Reaction score
I have the indash 6 cd changer and the rear dvd setup in my 2004 EB. I am by no means an audiophile but this is the worst sounding audio I've heard in any of my past vehicles.

My question is is it the headunit that sucks most or is it the speakers? Where is the biggest bang for the buck?

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My experience with cheaper, front Pioneers and a Pioneer headunit is that the headunit will improve the the way the sound sounds (if that makes sense), while my spearkers improved the highs considerably. I left the stock ones in the second row, since these seem to handle the mid tones/bass than the Pioneers I got. I'm sure if you get better speakers, they will improve both highs and lows.

Also, I believe the headunit does amplify the speakers, so that helps with output as well.

Not sure, though, if you'll be able to keep the rear DVD setup and the headunit as well. For now, if you want to try, just change the speakers.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the cheaper route is to buy aftermarket speakers...then power the speakers...then buy a good HU