2004 EB factory sub replacment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott basham

Reaction score
Happy New years everyone. New member here, and looking for some insight on my expedition. I am replacing the Factory radio with a kenwood dmx7706s. I also already replaced the door speakers with Rockford Fosgate R1682 6x8 400w 2 Way Full-Range Car Speakers. I ordered a Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8 to replace the factory sub. Is there a aftermarket amp that will replace the stock one? Also to remove the right rear panel do I need to take out the rear seats in order to do this? I would like to upgrade this instead of taking up space with a subwoofer and amplifier.

Last edited:

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Right rear panel? The sub should be on the side,driver's side, left side. The factory amp should have enough power for your sub. Good thing you bought a 2 ohm DVC sub as the factory sub is a DVC 2ohm. I have a write up on the factory output of the amp in the audio section. I think the post is something like "if you don't think the factory amp is powerful enough. May have to search a few pages back.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes the rear seat has to come out to get go the sub. It's not a hard job, just time consuming.