2004 Expedition - help me identify this rusted box driver side rear corner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
whtbronco

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the earlier generation, the evaporative canister is located in that corner. Are their hoses to the fuel tank and forward to engine?
No the evap canister sits above the spare tire.

I don't think there's any hoses or wires coming out of it. We'll all know once I get some time to repair it.

OP
OP
whtbronco

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The tape you see doesn't stick real well. The first layer is just normal foil duct tape since it sticks good. I layered it so the seams were all down, but I still didn't like it. My neighbor gave me a 300' roll of the 7" wide foil tape you see and it sticks good enough to the duct tape and with no seams it worked well.

Usually I use a junkyard panel or buy a molded repair panel, this time I can use just a flat sheet. What I can't figure out is should I use just plain cold rolled 20ga steel sheet metal, aluminized or galvanized?

One of my co-workers suggested just using a plastic (HDPE) cutting board and panel bond to secure it. It's not a bad idea due to it's resistance to the barrage of road debris this area takes, but even if I did this I still want to replace the rusted sheet metal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire