2005 Eddie Bauer Booster Check Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kylejw

Reaction score
Hey All,

I have a 2005 Eddie Bauer with AdvanceTrac

My issue is very weak braking power when first pushing the pedal. If I leave my foot on it for a second and push further, it grabs nicely. Pedal is very firm with engine off so I believe this to be a vacuum issue.

I'm seeing no vacuum from the intake port at idle (I think this is normal)
I see 19 inches from the manifold (at 3000 ft elevation so it's probably more than that)

However I noticed that the manifold vacuum is sucking all the way through the booster check valve and into the intake. I think this is bad, because all my vacuum is presumably sucking from the intake instead of the booster! Essentialy, air flows between the two yellow ports on the check valve.

Anyway I wanted to confirm how this 3 hose check valve is supposed to work? And is there anywhere I can buy one? The dealer said they aren't available from ford but he gave me a part number that looks totally different - 5L1Z-2365-A

Thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20230927_233150897.jpg
    PXL_20230927_233150897.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
K

kylejw

Reaction score
So the check valve in this case is called an aspirator and it looks like it follows the design here:

One the venturi effect gets involved, Id normally head for the hills . But I'm going to keep testing here.

OP
OP
K

kylejw

Reaction score

Ken0356

Reaction score
I have same issue with my 2006 XLT Expedition. Were you able to locate a replacement aspirator valve?