2005 Window Slow To Raise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WashingtonTeal

Reaction score
I have an 2005 Expedition. The front passenger side window rises extremely slow. There was no grinding or clicking noise inside the door. I ordered a new window regulator and motor from Rock Auto parts. Put it in pretty easy. Did not fix the problem. Vehicle has never been in a collision so there should be no movement of the interior or exterior door panels. Anyone else have any suggestions.

LEOL

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im bumping this thread, as i have the same issue. If you ever solve(d) the issue, a follow up post would be greatly appreciated.

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same issue, same window too. I don't think it's the motor failing because it hasn't got worse over a couple years.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I have same issue, a search seems to lead me into a regulator needs to be lubed but I never tackled it

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dry silicone spray in the vertical window channels. Not WD-40, but a dry silicone. Put the windows down all the way, use the included red spray tube and saturate the dried out track.

LEOL

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, im hoping that the passenger side is the regulator, an based on its slow UP only it seems likely. my drivers window however has a different problem and doesnt seem likely to be the regulator.... ill make a different post on that though.