2007 Expy - Overhead Air Vents Not Blowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrew Herman

Reaction score
Looking for help to diagnose an issue.
2007 Ford Expedition - Eddie Bauer

The issue is that I cannot get the overhead vents to work in the 2nd and 3rd rows of seating
If I turn the rear air to the "on" position, I can hear the fan kick in and it will blow air from the rear right side panel.

Any ideas on what to look for?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The rear heat has two damper actuator motors. One adjusts the plenum door for hot/cold. The other adjusts a door for upper outlets/floor outlets. When heat is called, the lower vents are open. When cooling is called, the upper ceiling vents open. The damper motor that chooses upper/lower may be defective or a duct may be disconnected. You may be able to access it through the pop-out rear accessory tray above the right wheel well. A new actuator is about $20 - $40 depending on where it's made.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trainmaster hit it on the head. If you have it set to heat air will not blow out the top vents. Headliner vents are only used when cooling. Turn it to A/C and it will switch, if not an actuator is likely bad.

William_89

Reaction score
As stated above, depends on if u are calling for heat or ac. Heat blows out of the lower vent area in the rear passenger side. Ac only blows out of the upper vents. If the actuators are working properly that’s how it should work.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt