2007 expy rear cv axle removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billyfrancis40

Reaction score
I have been working on my suspension of this 07 I got. I plan on doing the rear struts but when I looked I noticed the drive rear cv axle is not seated and looks short like it’s not the correct one or it’s just not seated correctly. Is there a guide on what needs removed to take this of to inspect it before I try to find out which axle I need thanks

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been working on my suspension of this 07 I got. I plan on doing the rear struts but when I looked I noticed the drive rear cv axle is not seated and looks short like it’s not the correct one or it’s just not seated correctly. Is there a guide on what needs removed to take this of to inspect it before I try to find out which axle I need thanks
Look in the General Discussion forum. Service Manuals.

OP
OP
B

billyfrancis40

Reaction score
Thanks can anyone with a 3rd gen possibly take a pic or have a pic of the rear cv shafts not too sure it’s suppose to be out of the differential like that

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't tell from the picture, but that looks like the seal that came out with the axle. Like maybe the C-clip broke or wasn't installed in some previous work? Where did you find this honey hole of a project ?
An axle code 16 is an open 3.73 axle . No limited slip, or posi-traction.
Definitely drain and refill the gear oil. You probably have water in it if the seal is out. A new seal should come with a new C-clip.

What it should look like ....

Right Rear CV Axle Expy 2007.jpg

Last edited:

4g6663Turbo

Reaction score
His shaft is correct and that’s not the axle seal. That is just a dust boot that was included with the new axle. Pry that dumb thing off because the shaft won’t go in far enough with it on.