2007 No A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reamest

Reaction score
This is my first post to the forum. I have a 2007 Expy Limited with 210k. I do most of the work on it and am looking for some help. I just noticed that my ac isn't blowing cold anymore and I'm looking for the steps to check for what the issue is.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Open hood. Start engine. Switch HVAC control to front windshield defrost setting and turn fan on. Can you hear the air conditioning compressor cycling off and on? If should be putting a light load on the engine and an audible thump when clutch engages and disengages.

Also try turning HVAC control to A/C and then turn the rear HVAC to cold. Are you getting cold air back there? After running this way for a few moments, are the silver A/C lines under the hood getting cold/sweating?

Do you have the optional electronic dual-zone climate control? Any noise from under the dash, like a clicking noise?

OP
OP
reamest

reamest

Reaction score
Open hood. Start engine. Switch HVAC control to front windshield defrost setting and turn fan on. Can you hear the air conditioning compressor cycling off and on? If should be putting a light load on the engine and an audible thump when clutch engages and disengages.

Also try turning HVAC control to A/C and then turn the rear HVAC to cold. Are you getting cold air back there? After running this way for a few moments, are the silver A/C lines under the hood getting cold/sweating?

Do you have the optional electronic dual-zone climate control? Any noise from under the dash, like a clicking noise?
From what I can tell, the A/C clutch isn't engaging. I checked the fuse and relay. They seem to be good.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Buy or borrow a set of ac gauges and read the system pressure with the engine off. This will give you the static pressure and should be close to ambient temp. The low pressure switch opens at the low to mid 20's psi.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I don't wanna sound like a smart ass but does the system have an adequate amount of freon in it to even allow the compressor to engage? If you haven't used the AC since last year this is the easiest (cheapest) way to start

OP
OP
reamest

reamest

Reaction score
Well, it just needed a recharge. I probably should have just started with that. Thanks for all the help.

Wali4vr

Reaction score
i.e. If it needs a recharge now but was working previously, WHERE DID THE 134a GO?