2010 Expediton front brakes problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dieselwrench1

Reaction score
Hello, I am new here and trying to find some answers as searching online got me nowhere and youtube was the same, the problem I have with my expedition is the brakes feel spongy, like they have air, I just replaced the front rotors and brake pads due to the right side rotor was wearing out on the top portion of the rotor, when I took it apart, I found that the outer pad was worn out and damage the rotor but the inner pad was ok and still had life in it, the left side was similar but not like the right side, I put it all together and went around the block, the brakes were spongy, and felt like they were sticking and did not feel right, even when braking at low speeds I could feel that it is not braking right, when I got back I rechecked the brakes and found that both sides are only braking on the top part of the rotor, can anyone help out on this and what is the possible problem? tomorrow I will check the calipers to see if they have something stuck and causing this. or any suggestions as to what to look for would really be appreciated!!

Mike White

Reaction score
Hello, I am new here and trying to find some answers as searching online got me nowhere and youtube was the same, the problem I have with my expedition is the brakes feel spongy, like they have air, I just replaced the front rotors and brake pads due to the right side rotor was wearing out on the top portion of the rotor, when I took it apart, I found that the outer pad was worn out and damage the rotor but the inner pad was ok and still had life in it, the left side was similar but not like the right side, I put it all together and went around the block, the brakes were spongy, and felt like they were sticking and did not feel right, even when braking at low speeds I could feel that it is not braking right, when I got back I rechecked the brakes and found that both sides are only braking on the top part of the rotor, can anyone help out on this and what is the possible problem? tomorrow I will check the calipers to see if they have something stuck and causing this. or any suggestions as to what to look for would really be appreciated!!

Did the advise from Lostneye work for you? If not, what was the issue?
Inquiring owners want to know!
:grd:

Check for stuck calipers and clean lube slide pins.

That's what came to mind first for me.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The OP was last on Apr 24, 2016

Do you really expect a reply??

Again Typical of a new member They ask a question and are never heard from again

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition