2010 Ford Eddie Bauer Expedition firewall question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GerryM

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a 2010 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer edition 4x4 and am trying to install a mobile ham radio in it. The radio documentation says it cannot be powered through a power port and should not be wired to the fuse box. The included 23ft of 10 gauge auto hookup wire with inline 20amp fuses in both ground and power lead and say I need to run the wire from the radio installation point through the firewall to the engine compartment and then using ring connectors attach it to the battery terminals.
I have been looking and can't find an area to run the wires through. Is there an area I can squeeze the two wires through without having to drill into the engine compartment?
Any suggestions would be greatly

GerryM

KINGDELL91

Reaction score
There are a few grommets that you can use if you pull up the carpet a lil on the drives side, also if you look under the hood on the battery side there is a grommet that goes into the cabin it can fit up to 1/0 wire

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes...on the passenger side 0 Ga wire can pass through...don't know if its a grommet on my 2nd gen but that's how my 4Ga is ran...I pushed it through and it dropped down towards the fuse box on the passenger side

eddiemoney

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know its not comfy, but you are going to have to lay on your back to see some good entry points in the car....but yes...there are grommets on both side that 10 awg will fit though.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have some one hold a flashlight on the other side of the firewall...then you'll see openings

Maverick1701

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When we ran our lights/siren stuff we looked at going through the grommets but it would have been way way more work. We just used a small hole saw on the pass side of the firewall and ran our wires through it.