2011 Expedition backup camera blurry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAFordExp

Reaction score
My backup camera on my 2011 Expedition started getting blurry for some time and then it just went black. I removed it and opened up the case and it was corroded inside. Shopped for a new camera and bought a new one online from China. After several weeks it arrived and after I installed it the picture was blurry. I notified the seller and they refunded my money so I ordered another new one from a different seller. This one was also blurry and I could find no info online about this problem. I checked all my wiring connections and finally solved the problem by unscrewing the camera from the housing a turn or so and the image started to clear up. Turns out the focal length is off on the new replacement cameras. I had my wife hold the brake and put it in reverse while I unscrewed the camera just to the right focal point and then applied sealant to the camera where it screws in to the case. Problem Solved! Picture is clear.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PalosX