new tail light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
on my 9900 mile Mexican caravan, about mid way, I jacknifed backing up and busted a taillight on my 2019 Expedition Limited Stealth... We found a roll of red taillight repair tape in a local auto store, and I taped up the light til I got home... I ordered a replacement Ford tail light, it got here a few days ago. Yesterday I installed it...

PXL_20240508_221925738-X4.jpg

it was easier than I thought.

I had to replace a tail light on my 2002 SuperDuty F250 long bed a few years ago for the same reason. That one cost like $89. This one was close to $1000 with shipping, or $1400 at a Ford Dealer.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The price of these parts are ridiculous, even being LED. Atleast the tail lamps are easy to install and you didnt have to pay another $200 for a dealer to swap it out

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The price of these parts are ridiculous, even being LED. Atleast the tail lamps are easy to install and you didnt have to pay another $200 for a dealer to swap it out
Couldn't agree more, like this B.S. https://youtu.be/MUkFsuilVD0?si=_pNyn24ApFkf5aog

it's maybe $10 worth of plastic, weighs less than a good bowel movement and costs this much? granted, this one needed some modules but they were still the smallest part of the cost.

sixstring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Someone hit my drivers side outside mirror on 2015 expy and killed it. I bought a new mirror at the ford dealer and paid $950 and did the work myself (easy). They gave me a 10% discount too. Replacement parts are a joke.

steve3591

Reaction score
Last December I damaged my driver side tail light on my 22 backing into a short post. Like I did not see it with all the cameras but missed it.
The tail light was $800 for the part. Body shop installed it. I got it back and took it apart. It’s full of electronic chips. The BLIS runs through the tail light kit.
You also can’t just replace a lamp if it goes ot. LED strips not just one lamp.
All of the new stuff BLIS and parking sensors and all the cameras are great until you have to replace something.

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
WOW, them be some overpriced parts for sure....

One of the 1st things I did when I got my 011 Expy about 2 years ago was to replace the aging, yellowed, hazy headlight assemblies and installed LED bulbs into them at the same time, total cost was about $250....

Then I did the same for the tailiights, which were not in real bad shape but still showing their age, for about the same $$...

Obviously parts for the newer models have went way up since then...

VCFP153

Reaction score
WOW, them be some overpriced parts for sure....

One of the 1st things I did when I got my 011 Expy about 2 years ago was to replace the aging, yellowed, hazy headlight assemblies and installed LED bulbs into them at the same time, total cost was about $250....

I did that for my 2015, bought OEM headlights. That was rather more than $250...

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
I did that for my 2015, bought OEM headlights. That was rather more than $250...
Yea, all 3 of the local dealers quoted me $327-353 EACH for the factory parts, but they would have come with the old style bulbs, which I would have just replaced immediately anyways...

OP
OP
Left Coast Geek

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's what I did also, used OEM housings with aftermarket LEDs.

I did that on my 2002 F250 (and a few other non-Fords)... actually, the 2002 F250 had aftermarket 2007(?) style reflectors, the LEDs worked really well with these and had a very crisp lowbeam cutoff with a even wide light pattern, and high beams that were like daylight over the whole road.