2012 Rear Window Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012beast

Reaction score
Anyone had issues with water leaks? I recently lemon lawed a 2010 due to 6 attempts to repair water leaking between glass and molding. They tried everything and even put on a entirely new hatch but to no avail. Now after 1K miles, the 2012 is doing the same thing. Its back to the dealership today. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

Johnny Law

Reaction score
I've got a 2011 Limited.

I've noticed a few drops that have come down the inside of the back glass. But has never puddled. I live in an area that gets 120" of rain a year and most of it in the Winter/Spring. I haven't considered it a real problem as it has been very slight and intermittent. I suspect it is an issue with the design. It is only a seal against flat glass. So the quality of the seal is really a function of the quality of the rubber seal and the pressure on it based on the spacing provided by the closed glass hatch. Any gunk or debris that collects will not help the situation.

Johnny

jered22

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2011 EL and mine does the same thing. Not all the time but after a hard rain or if I go through the car wash. It seems to be right in the middle of the back window where it "crests".

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
...They tried everything and even put on a entirely new hatch but to no avail. Now after 1K miles, the 2012 is doing the same thing. Its back to the dealership today. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
I've got a 2011 Limited.

I've noticed a few drops that have come down the inside of the back glass. But has never puddled.
I have a 2011 EL and mine does the same thing. Not all the time but after a hard rain or if I go through the car wash...
2012beast, Johnny, & Bill,

I can help by arranging a call from the Customer Service Manager in your area. For me to lend a hand, please send a PM with your contact information, VIN, mileage, and dealer name/state.

Cory

fomoco

Reaction score
Hello new to site, just purchased 2010 XLT driving home in rain I noticed rear window leaking. Be taking it back soon. Any TSB's on this?

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm having the same issues with my 2012. I'm going to PM FordCustSvc with my details and find out what they recommend.

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm having the same issues with my 2012. I'm going to PM FordCustSvc with my details and find out what they recommend.

Hi rwmorrisonjr,

I responded to your PM. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Crystal

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello new to site, just purchased 2010 XLT driving home in rain I noticed rear window leaking. Be taking it back soon. Any TSB's on this?

Hey fomoco,

I'd like to offer you the same assistance that I've extended to others. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll get your regional customer service manager involved and ensure that they reach out to you soon. Please make an appointment at your dealership so that your CSM can coordinate with them and get this issue addressed.

Thanks!

Crystal

Daniel1980

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Limited leaking. It collected in the door so when I open it water comes out.

I also had a 2010 Lemon Lawed for this issue. Has anyone had the issue fixed? If so what is the fix?

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Limited leaking. It collected in the door so when I open it water comes out.

I also had a 2010 Lemon Lawed for this issue. Has anyone had the issue fixed? If so what is the fix?

Hi Daniel1980,

I responded to your PM, so you might want to take a look at your inbox. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Crystal