2014 Electrical/Stereo Connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhford

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a 2014 Expedition XL that was a former police vehicle. There is no AUX or Bluetooth for the stereo so I removed the stereo to see where I can add a usb connection for my phone (the stereo has a button with a phone picture and an AUX button but there is just no where to plug in any device). So I know the stereo has the capability to play music from my phone and I just need to wire it up. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the base stereo or know how I can wire in a usb connector for my phone?
Also, while removing the stereo, I found this electrical connector that was not connected to anything. It does not seem right for there to be a loose connector that is not plugged in anywhere. Does anyone know what this is for?
I included pictures of my stereo for reference and the mystery electrical connector.
Thanks in advance!

CAB1D927-1461-4822-8B32-ABCD5814A595.jpegDE886EC0-7A4F-46AE-8610-044B8DCA4305.jpeg8051EC91-09BA-4612-A9A2-D66FDC848A3E.jpeg

Polar Bear

Reaction score
did you ever figure this out? I a have a XL fleet and I'm trying to figure out how to wire an aftermarket head unit with can bus + and - connections

2013Tuxedo

Reaction score
Go to the Crutchfield website and build out a full new stereo, look at the recommended accessories they add and delete what you don't need out of the cart and buy the rest with the included install instructions.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani