Condensation Drip onto Electrical Wire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandonian

Reaction score
So - I opened up the hood again today to try to get a better look at a few things - and I found where my actual BURN Smell is coming from, and likely that little plume of smoke I had experienced prior...

On the very back passenger side at the firewall is an AC Condensate Drain (or appears to be such) - it was dripping today (I had a short trip with the AC on) - It looks like it's dripped right onto a foiled wire harness before it then drips from there onto the exhaust.

The drip I think is normal - the dripping onto the foil wrapped wire I do not believe to be normal...thus causing the smell I am experiencing.

Does anyone have a pic of the wiring from the 3rd gen ecoboost in place of where it goes? I am fairly certain it's not supposed to be dripped on from the condensate drain or I wouldn't be the only one having this smell! I have not done on the work on this vehicle, I've had it for about a year and just finding things lol :( - the dealer replaced a couple of gaskets, the internal water pump as well as both catalytic converters - I feel like that wire wasn't hooked up where it should have been.