2015 front grill removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigfishfin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi...I've got the parts to install a factory transmission cooler. And at this time I have removed various covers/panels and the obvious top grill fasteners, but am not getting a clear idea as to how the bottom of the grill is attached to the bumper cover...Any input as to how to go about removing the grill would be appreciated!..I understand the grill removal process is much the same for 2012-2016 Expy...Is this so? Thanks in advance, and I will be sure to post photos and instructions on how to do this project.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
07-14 used disposable push fasteners, along the bottom you'll need a new set they rarely survive getting pulled ---- IF you pull em....

But you actually shouldnt.

See, its pretty much impossible to reattach the grille to the bumper without pulling the bumper....if its anything like the 07-14 models, your bumper cover needs to come off, and you leave the grille attached to it

MUCH simpler, fewer fasteners, far less stuff to break and ways to mess up

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm interested in this too, please post info and pics after you get it done.

OP
OP
B

Bigfishfin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wasn't as much of a job as I expected (always amazed when that happens)...But, as noted, the grill and bumper cover(s) are removed as a unit. Start by removing the cover over the radiator and the Torx screws under that cover. Then remove the hex head screws attaching the fender well covers to the bumper cover. Snap loose the various flexible covers (both under and on the sides of the radiator). Snap loose the electrical connections for the fog lamps. Then, there are two long bolts on each side visible by laying down and looking straight up, in front of the wheel wells. Then the whole unit comes off ( in about an hour). I have this photo of the inside of the unit...I have another post of doing this work to make my 2015 into a HD tow package...

IMG_0316.JPG

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmm...wonder if the 2015 grille is compatible with 07-14

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker