2015 X weird vibration at certain speeds and rpms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The best way I’ve found to find a misfire is power brake the engine. Make sure of course E brake is set then power brake to simulate load/stain on engine. That’s when a weak ignition system will misfire most. If it does start misfiring then shut it off and find the fouled plug.

cwharding

Reaction score
Is this fairly slow speed? Maybe feel it while travelling over a speed bump? Kind of feels like the antilock brakes rapid pulsing? I had issues similar to my description and it was an IPC sensor at the left front wheel. Took a long time for the Ford Mechanics to figure out.

JoohhnnD

Reaction score
I have a EcoBoost 2015 X limited with 45k on it . Started making a weird vibration can feel it on floor were feet go and through steering wheel u can even hear it when it happens the digital tachometer shakes when it happens. It doesn't do it all time thought it could be bearing or suspension but what ever it is the digital tachometer shakes when the vibration happens. Does it between 1500 and 2000rpm at different speeds mainly high but on city streets as well only does it when ur foot is on gas . I will try get video

JoohhnnD

Reaction score
Hi I had the same exact problem brought it to the dealer 2X before they found it. I was a front wheel bearing that was starting to go. They replaced it under warranty

danimal365

Reaction score
My 2016 is in the shop for this issue right now. It behaves exactly as the OP describes when driving normally, but when I have a boat attached it's much worse. The dealership has a case open with Ford. Updates to follow.