2017 4 Expy wheel drive is whimpy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vdubnick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yep, tires... i rarely use more than 2wd driving thru deep snow. tires and momentum

twodollars

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just replaced the atturo trail blades on my wife's 13 with cooper at3's what a huge improvement in snow performance. And in noise, balance, etc.

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check reviews on your tires. Mine is slipping and sliding in the snow. Turns out the tires don't have the best rating.
Checked reviews before I bought them and most were positive. The real world performance is proving the naysayers wrong. I am running the Cross Climate 2 versions, not the originals which did indeed have less snow performance. Audi's quattro system seems to do a good job as well. The Michelin Premier LTX on the Expy are great in the dry and the rain, passable in the snow.

tacoduck

Reaction score
I will also say that my 4wd works great on my 2016 expo. We got 20 inches and it handled it like a champ. Very pleased. When engine speeds decrease, its usually traction control trying to control wheel spin. Disengage traction control and see if that fixes it.

blackedoutlimited

Reaction score
I had a 4WD 2016 platinum on 35s (ridge grapplers) and never once had to use 4WD in any snow it saw (most was 10”)

My current 2WD limited SWB had crappy Yokohama geolandars on it u til two days ago and our last snow storm dropped 6” and it tackled that like it was nothing and they were at 30% tread left.

Get a good set of winter tires, lower the psi, and turn off the traction control nonsense. Hit the button once to turn of traction control and then hold that same button for 5-7 seconds to turn off advanced trac and you’ll notice a big difference