2017 Auto Lights Stayed On After Sync Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Friday, I performed a Sync Firmware and Map update on my 2017 Limited. I did this with the Ford installer and a USB drive.

The update completed successfully and everything seemed fine, however when I went out to run some errands, I noticed the
Sync screen was in night mode and the headlights were on. I switched the headlight control back to manual and they went
off and then back and forth a few times. Each time the auto setting triggered the lights to some on.

Yesterday was not a bright sunny day but certainly not dark enough to trigger the headlights to come on. After my 4th stop (engine / power cycle), the headlights started functioning properly again.

Anyone have any idea what could cause this to malfunction and then "fix itself". Could it have anything to do with the Sync firmware
update or just a co-incidence? (I try not to believe in them). Where is the the sensor for the headlights is located?
If this is a sign of it failing, I'd like to get out in front of it.

Last edited: