2017 Expedition Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltharley

Reaction score
Just picked up a used 2017 Platinum .Black exterior with Brunello leather interior. 36000 mile CPO.
Hoping it is as reliable as our 2004 Eddie Bauer that is still going strong at 180,000.
Dennis

OP
OP
ltharley

ltharley

Reaction score
Yes. 36,000. The Ford dealer cpo'ed it. Hoping it behaves like our 04 Eddie.
Must say, I really wanted a King Range but nothing used available in my area. The Platinum will have to do.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well i dont even look at another vehicle, our 16 fit all the NEEDS and we really like it
best thing they did was putting the eco boost in it. we had a 13 f150 with the eco and it was a killer little truck.

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have CCD suspension that is probably the nicest Expedition you can get -- even nicer than the King Ranch IMO. I really like the Brunello leather.

One thing to keep in mind: The "Agate Tuxedo Stripe" design on the seats does not wear well at all. In particular, the driver's side outboard bottom edge gets scuffed up from sliding your rear end against the seat as you exit. Thus, it's very important not to do this as it will quickly ruin the driver's seat bottom cover. I've seen several Platinums with less than 50K miles where the seat bottom leather was a real mess.

I've found that if you rotate yourself to the left, then put your feet on the running boards, stand up, and then step down, it helps to prevent scuffing the leather seat bottom. Same goes for the front passenger seat, so warn your passengers not to slide off the seat when they exit.

fordexpylvr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am buying a 17 XLT with 202A Nav etc. it is Oxford white with Dune leather with 35K miles. I have a 04 expy I am trading in

cekkk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How come some folks here seem to prefer the King Ranch over the Platinum model? I haven't compared models since buying She's 2013.

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know. The Platinum is top-of-the-line and basically comes with everything standard. It's one level *above* the King Ranch. In the past, however, the KR was considered the top-end model over the Limited. The KR has special "real" leather seating (i.e. aniline leather as opposed to "finished" leather like nearly every other vehicle out there) but this requires more upkeep. It also has unique wheels and a 2-tone exterior paint scheme. Other than that, both models are pretty similar overall.