2017 expedition still not taking gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, is the vent hose the hose connected to the solenoid? and also thanks for the info about the borescope!
Since my 2017 Expy is 1250 miles away from me right now I can't look at it for you and I don't want to assume the 2011 do I have with me is the same, so I'm posting a Ford diagram, which, in theory, is correct for the 2017. It shows the purge canister with the vent valve (7) and vent valve solenoid (8) to the right and below the canister.

1682091691623.png

Attachments

• 1682091281591.png
    1682091281591.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
J

Jackie6422

Reaction score
Sorry your correct this is what I bought and replaced, I should have went back to the website to see which part is which. So yes now I know which is the vent hose.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are 2 connections to the canister. 1 is the purge line that goes forward to purge valve connected to the engine and should not have any effect on filling.

The second is the vent valve / line and somewhere in the valve or the line connecting back to the tank (or in the filler neck) is likely where your problem is. When filling the tank. the air displaced from the tank needs to flow freely to the canister and then out, anything preventing that will cause what you are experiencing.

I'm going to be back with my 2017 Expy next Wednesday, I can look more closely at the routing at that time.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I noticed on your picture a clear plastic bag with items in it. Is this also something that comes with the vehicle and if so what is it?
As I said in an earlier post, this is my 11 Expedition, which even though it has HD Tow, was not available with an OEM Trailer Brake Controller. The pigtail in the bag is the TBC adapter that came with all HD tow vehicles. Since I didn't tow with this truck, I never needed the adapter. During the early years that I owned the 11, I also had a diesel Excursion that handled all our HD towing needs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT