2017 Expedition Sync 3 travel link issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR Spahn

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Exp limited with Nav and Sync 3...I subscribed to travel link via Sirius but when I went to the apps... hit the travel link app... and then subscription I saw... audio subscribed... everything else " not available"
I spoke with Ford and Sirius and both say I should get the service from my location and radio type...but it just won't connect

Anyone have or had this issue with Travel Link???

Larry

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Exp limited with Nav and Sync 3...I subscribed to travel link via Sirius but when I went to the apps... hit the travel link app... and then subscription I saw... audio subscribed... everything else " not available"
I spoke with Ford and Sirius and both say I should get the service from my location and radio type...but it just won't connect

Larry
I recall having a similar issue on my 2017 when I bought it new. There is a procedure to reset the Sirius system, don't remember off the top of my head what it was.

Also, it can take a minute or two for the apps to "hook up" when you turn on the system. The icons show "?" until they get logged in. For me, the weather takes the longest.

OP
OP
LR Spahn

LR Spahn

Reaction score
I am at a loss...I have left the truck running for 30 minutes waiting for the Sirius to update...it does...than I get the same think... the subscription part of the app says audio "subscribed" but everything else "not available"...My wife has it in her car and it works fine...but...not mine...I am convinced it is a software or module issue... both Ford and Sirius say I should be able to get this...grrrrr

if you remember how to reset Sirius..please let me know... I reset Sync 3 a few times with no luck......

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2016 was supposed to have 5 years of travel link included. However if you get any discount on audio you lose the travel link.

Larry

OP
OP
LR Spahn

LR Spahn

Reaction score
I Have tried signal refresh with Sirius...I reset Sync 3 ....I did a master reset.... I have Audio from Sirius, but when I look at the app and hit subscription..I get what you see below... and it does not work... I am told it is available in my Truck... on my Radio System.. and in my area...has anyone had this... Sirius says it is Ford....Ford says it is Sirius...(UGH)

Resized_20191101_164305.jpg

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd suggest that you reach out to member Lokiwolf, if he can't help you resolve it, he can likely point you in the right direction.

good luck,

jeff

Last edited:

Okgearhead

Reaction score
Have you done any mods on your radio or nav with FORScan ? I know that if you enabled the nav to be able to enter directions while driving, it messes with the Travel Link.

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same issue.....

Any resolution?

My dealer has replaced the antenna, reinstalled all the software and added some type of splitter reccomend by the Ford tech line but it still did not fix the issue....