Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SherlynnQ

Reaction score
Having a bit of ongoing yet inconsistent issues and determined to find out the source before I set this entire thing on fire and go back to owning a Chevy LOL

A/C working on and off then found resistor connector burned through, replaced a month ago and burned through again, replacing blower motor and resistor pigtail today.

-Occasionally the rear vents will not open all the way and the 3rd row seats won't go all the way up or down, "like it runs out of juice"
-All of the 12V plug ins are not working today
-Windows sometimes take an hour to roll up (metaphorically), but some days are faster.
-Tow Hitch pigtail, where a trailer plugs in, is faulty (it works on and off as you drive) so I end up just never plugging my trailer in, Dealer was suppose to order it and replace it but they never called back and it's less concerning as I've only been pulling horse/uhaul trailers occasionally.

All of these things happen on and off, it's never all the time...YET

Am I looking at a wiring harness issue, or some sort of mechanism that controls power, outside of battery. I normally am the one to work on my trucks and fiddle to find fixes but I have only one vehicle and a baby who doesn't give me enough project time, the dealership can never "duplicate" the issues on the day I bring it in and im losing my mind when I go to get in the fkn thing and something is broken.

PS- I have had Chevy and Dodge trucks my whole life, this is the first Ford vehicle I have had and I've only had it less than a year and I'm exhausted on things that keep breaking.

Any advice for what to search for and I can let the shop I am sending it to test whatever components before I keep dealing with more issues. Im already paying stupid prices for the easy repairs but with the shop fixing it at least it is warrantied if it burns through again.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is a recall on the blower motor, and a new design that should resolve the blower problems. You should also replace the connector / resistor cable at the same time but don’t think it is covered by the recall.

I also had trailer connection / operation problems which were driving me crazy. It turned out to be the white ground wires coming out of the connectors which attach to the frame above the spare tire (not visible unless you lower the spare) I needed to clean the connectors and the frame and reconnect the grounds and my trailer connection and operating problems went away.

Oh and just this past week I had the truck not recognize my key fob, added a jump pack, still nothing, disconnected and charged the battery, it took enough to recognize the FOB, but not start the truck. A 23 month old Motorcraft battery failed.

If you have an older battery, the 2015 - 2017 truck has alot of battery management stuff that was not on previous years, that could be contributing to your electrical problems.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani