Blower motor questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My wife’s 2018 expedition max limited has started to have this problem with the fan being on high and not blowing at all or very little. The blower is still working but no air out vents. I bought a new blower motor resistor but can’t find it for the life of me. I’m really needing someone to point in the right direction of this car. We have had nothing but problems for this past year. We love the car for the size for the kids but it’s starting to become a pain.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife’s 2018 expedition max limited has started to have this problem with the fan being on high and not blowing at all or very little. The blower is still working but no air out vents. I bought a new blower motor resistor but can’t find it for the life of me. I’m really needing someone to point in the right direction of this car. We have had nothing but problems for this past year. We love the car for the size for the kids but it’s starting to become a pain.

Have you checked the plastic HVAC blower case, under the glove compartment? Usually the blower resister is attached to the case with one or two screws, and has a wiring harness connected to it.

OP
OP
Y
Reaction score
I took it apart down there underneath and it doesn’t look like the same part I have. I know the one I got is right according to orielys and what I’ve found on the internet

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I took it apart down there underneath and it doesn’t look like the same part I have. I know the one I got is right according to orielys and what I’ve found on the internet

You may have gotten the wrong (aftermarket) part.

I would locate and remove the old part, to determine the part number, then buy a Motorcraft part.

OP
OP
Y
Reaction score
From the pictures of the motorcraft and new part look identical. i researched the heck of this and have come up dry everytime. there is a ton of info on the older expeditions like 15-17 but 18 to the present there is super little info on them

Last edited:

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From the pictures of the motorcraft and new part look identical. i researched the heck of this and have come up dry everytime. there is a ton of info on the older expeditions like 15-17 but 18 to the present there is super little info on them
Is this the part you are looking for? If so, Ford refers to it as a "blower motor control module".

HVAC Blower Motor Control Module - Ford (G3GZ-19E624-A)​

1700407205229.png

Rock Auto - Motorcraft - Multiple views available on this link.

Tasca Parts

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y
Reaction score
I would but I don’t even know which one it is. Didn’t know if it was behind anything or had to take other pieces off to get to it. I guess I’m looking more for the location of that part. I didn’t take picture of it had it tore down the other day. Was more frustrated it wasn’t right in front of the blower motor.

Wangle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is the cabin air filter clean? Simple, I know, but I had my son-in-law not change his for over 100,000 miles! True story…

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire