2017 Ford Expedition-Police Siren Like Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

McKInneyFord

Reaction score
UPDATE: I contacted Dealer and They got response from Ford Hotline to conduct additional diagnostic tests but I was out of town for 4 days and came back and started the vehicle. To my surprise, I am not seeing the issue anymore.
I tried to reproduce it by starting/stopping several times but could not hear the siren sound. It really baffles me. All I did was, I left my expedition at home and went on a trip and came back and the issue gone. Only thing I can say the temperature in Dallas area is bit chilly now and I am not sure this has any impact on the issue.

I am going to wait and see for another couple of days to see If the issue is gone.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had nothing solid to offer so I didn't chime in, but I did notice in the video: A) kiddo in the background, presumably in the back seat, and B) the fasten seat belt icon remained illuminated. Is there any chance the kid wasn't buckled up when the vehicle was initially started? Or if there were items in one of the seats heavy enough to make the seat weight sensor think there was an unbuckled occupant? Think backpack, purse, groceries, etc.

In addition to the seatbelt light, I noticed the brake light stayed on. Not sure that mine comes on for more than just a few moments, but we never use the parking brake, so?

OP
OP
M

McKInneyFord

Reaction score
@Flexpedition , Thanks for your input and I don't think it was due to any of the points you mentioned because the service technician was able to reproduce the issue and he mentioned the sound coming from the same speaker which alerts back up warnings.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, while I'm happy for you that it's disappeared, I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't find out the cause or what I was even more curious about, what module/relay/unit was generating the sound!

good luck!

jeff

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tire inflations checked?

Ambient temp changescan set off TPMS...enough temp change, and it can actually be a good idea to add/remove air