2018 Expedition Steering Rough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwinchell92

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Ford expedition limited. When I am driving on a straight road it seems to drive OK. When I drive on an uneven road or switch lanes it feels like the vehicle is going to lose control. It pulls left and right really hard, it’s like I have to continuously be holding onto the steering wheel tight. I got this car about a month ago and I’m trying to work out all the problems. I really love this vehicle, but I’ve already had the cam pHaser replaced now I have having problems the steering. I got an alignment yesterday and it almost made it worse on bumpy roads has anybody else dealt with anything similar , it’s almost like it drives better Without the swerve control on.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Ford expedition limited. When I am driving on a straight road it seems to drive OK. When I drive on an uneven road or switch lanes it feels like the vehicle is going to lose control. It pulls left and right really hard, it’s like I have to continuously be holding onto the steering wheel tight. I got this car about a month ago and I’m trying to work out all the problems. I really love this vehicle, but I’ve already had the cam pHaser replaced now I have having problems the steering. I got an alignment yesterday and it almost made it worse on bumpy roads has anybody else dealt with anything similar , it’s almost like it drives better Without the swerve control on.

The lane keeping assistance is on?

OP
OP
D

dwinchell92

Reaction score
The lane keeping assistance is on?
No, not to my knowledge. it’s just when I turn the traction control off It almost seems to drive a little better but when I hit an uneven part of the road, it pulls left and right almost like I’m taking my hand and jerking the steering wheel back-and-forth and sometimes it’ll pull more left and sometimes it’ll pull more right.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dwinchell92

Reaction score
I just checked and it was on. I don’t know if that will totally fix the problem. I got an alignment two days ago, but there’s uneven wear on the tires already so that doesn’t help

Last edited: