2018 Expedition Under Engine Splash Shield Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrueBlue_09

Reaction score
Good morning,

Can someone help me getting the right name and where can I buy a OEM or a replacement Under engine splash shield for my 2018 Expedition Max Platinum? The OEM one that was in my Expedition one got covered in oil and it absoverted and its a pain to clean it since its not plastic. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, like can I buy one from an F-150 (what years if I can use one) or is there an upgrade one?

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It Ford’s version of a skid plate. This might be what you need. If it’s anything like my 2016 it’ll be a thick/ heavy metal plate with some type of sound deadening/ absorbent material. It’s a horrible design. Changing the oil gets that thing all nasty, and soaked with oil. I actually remove it when I change my oil. I’ve had to soak it with degreaser to get out the residual oil from the few times I’ve had to take it to the dealer; they don’t remove it.

Attachments

• E5697663-A2CA-4251-8377-D7A9B249D94D.png
    E5697663-A2CA-4251-8377-D7A9B249D94D.png
    230.7 KB · Views: 14

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That should take you to the page for easier viewing. Also, if you want to navigate away to something else you can. Hopefully, it doesn’t timeout on you.

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actual, if the link I sent times out, just re-enter your vehicle information. It should open right back to the page I sent. That’s been my experience with the website. Should do the same for you.

dbozian

Reaction score
Good morning,

Can someone help me getting the right name and where can I buy a OEM or a replacement Under engine splash shield for my 2018 Expedition Max Platinum? The OEM one that was in my Expedition one got covered in oil and it absoverted and its a pain to clean it since its not plastic. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, like can I buy one from an F-150 (what years if I can use one) or is there an upgrade one?

dbozian

Reaction score
Do you need front small one or the larger one towards back? Is your truck 4x2 or 4x4? Big difference for the small one. I learned