2018 Navigator adaptive headlamps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When starting my Navigator my headlamps move up and down, is this the correct direction? I thought the adaptive headlamps moved right and left. Ive only driven it once at night and didnt notice any movement at all while driving. The headlamps are in automatic mode.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They move in all directions. The high beams are just it aiming higher, like the self-test you see.

Driven Audis and Mercedes that both do this. Totally normal.

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They move in all directions. The high beams are just it aiming higher, like the self-test you see.

Driven Audis and Mercedes that both do this. Totally normal.
Ah, ok that’s good to know. I’ll have to check a see if they are in fact moving left to right. How pronounced is it? I didn’t notice while driving through the neighborhood. The manual states there is a self test upon startup, I’ll reread and see what that test does.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I dunno if the test moves left to right, but it might. Hold a piece of cardboard in front of the light so you can see the entire beam pattern and start it up and see how it moves.

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I dunno if the test moves left to right, but it might. Hold a piece of cardboard in front of the light so you can see the entire beam pattern and start it up and see how it moves.
I’ve watched while parked in the garage but I’m close enough to the wall that I just see one side. I’ll back out and test against the closed garage door at night to get a better view.