2019 Expedition Auto Stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CBlasek

Reaction score
Just picked up a new 2019 Expedition Stealth package in the tri coat white. Loving the car so far EXCEPT for the auto start stop. The dealer said there might be a way to disable it or set the default to NOT stop. He didnt have a definitive answer as he was rather new/no one there.

Is it possible? If not whats the consensus on the auto stop eliminator (where you add another wiring harness behind the button?) I read a few posts and it didnt seem clear if it would work with the Drivers Asssitance package. I do NOT want to disable the backup sensors etc.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All the device does is to signal that the switch is in the "off" setting. Hopefully there will be some other enterprising people out there who will come up with different versions and competition will drive down the price to a more reasonable number. Until then, it's making it a habit of hitting the button when you first start up, or when ASS first stops the engine.

rodman2185

Reaction score
I have it installed on my 2019 and love it. Cost around $75.00 +/- when it was on sale and I also found a another discount online. Completely plug and play. Took about 10 to 20 minutes to install and doesn't affect anything else. It stays either in the on or off position depending how it was set the last time the truck was turned off. Many think it's a waste of money because you can just press the button each time you start the vehicle. I disagree because it just does it for me doesn't revert back automatically to the on position, and I don't have to think about it anymore. My dealer has no issue with it at all.

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My salesman told me to buy those red light hitch adapters and plug it into the connectors and it'll override it or keep it in tow/haul mode

stricnine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Run a jumper wire behind the switch, costs $1 maybe? Plenty of guys in the F150 forums have the write up.

Bow512

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I suggest getting familiar with Forscan. All you need is a obd2 adapter for your computer and you can turn that off as well as adjust a bunch of other things to your liking.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Enjoy. You were given bad info. Everything works as it should after the install. If you can't afford this you can't afford the truck. Takes 5 minutes to install. I'd go with the harness version. This is the only true option and you get to keep a functioning button on the dash.

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/

OP
OP
C

CBlasek

Reaction score
Enjoy. You were given bad info. Everything works as it should after the install. If you can't afford this you can't afford the truck. Takes 5 minutes to install. I'd go with the harness version. This is the only true option and you get to keep a functioning button on the dash.

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/

Thanks for confirming. Placed an order for one on the website a few minutes ago.

Molaf

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I suggest getting familiar with Forscan. All you need is a obd2 adapter for your computer and you can turn that off as well as adjust a bunch of other things to your liking.
Only issue with the Forscan route is that you get a battery management message in the instrument cluster every time you start the car.

Flexpy19

Reaction score
I purchased the plug version. Takes 2 seconds to plug in. It also takes two seconds to unplug if for some reason I wanted to remove it. Why would anyone get the harness instead? I guess if you needed that plug for some other device?