2019 Stealth Package Image

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tampa Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FYI we have the Tahoe RST without the 6.2.. that is an upgrade to the RST appearance package. The 6.2 in the Tahoe in not avail with adaptive cruise, this may change in 2019.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The fact the GT is not a supercar outside of its styling which is very solid. Porsche has made small block TT motors for quite some time, the difference is they can actually be turned up to 4 digit horsepower. The EcoBoost in but the GT was a marketing ploy for Ford to show versatility and adaptation for a platform. Its respectable what it has achieved with such finite limitations. Don't expect much more from it..... it'll never be in Supra or Evo territory.

Understand by the standards you seek, the ACR and the ZR1 would qualify as a "super-duper" car. Yet in the community you frolic with neither of those cars are worthy lol. Such a joke. Hell here's a worked over LSX swapped RS7 that makes about 800 at the rear we had in the shop the other day I'd rather drive around a track lol.

20181119-163050.jpg

You act as if the pricetag of a car equates to XYZ, and that's simply narrow world you've been raised in.

As matter of fact another good friend of mine let me use his wraith for a few days.... just don't understand the hype or desire. It's more sports luxury yes, but still costs the same as a GT yet makes more power and nearly double the weight.
You are judging whether a vehicle is a super car or not based on what it can be tuned too! That makes no sense whatsoever! It is an unbeleivable vehicle with world class aerodynamics. It has ******* won lemans!! How are you arguing against that! It has set the fastest lap at VIR!! How are you arguing against that? I’m sorry, that is stupidity! You can say, personally, I don’t care for it, I think it should be capable of more power, zthose are personal opinions, but to say it isn’t a super car is flat out wrong!! It hangs with all of its peers. You first said it didn’t fit because it hasn’t run the ring, now you are saying because it isn’t capable of 4 digit power. Neither of those have to do with the fact that it is a automotive community bona fide super car!!

The Supra and the Evo!!!! LOL, man you are seriously crazy. Both incredible engine platforms, meh vehicles. To even mention them in the same sentence as a GT is comical. I owned a 2000 Supra and had a lot of fun making big power with it. Great engines. First engine I ever built myself. I blew it and my dad said the only way it was getting back on the road was if we built it. It was a heavy turd, that could be made to rocket in a straight line.

I never said the ACR or ZR1 did not belong, but the Ford GT bested them both at VIR!! They are a little long in the tooth, and neither had a 10th of the technology the GT has. It was more of pack the most brutal HP we can into a rear wheel drive platform and get the best driver you know!!! Many of my clients have C7 corvettes in their fleets right next the Ferraris and the Lambos. The C7 is where the vette really started to be a contender and utilized pretty aggressive tech. The fact you would choose a reworked LS powered RS7 to take a lap in vs the Ford GT just shows you are typing shit just for the sake of appearing right. That statement is embarrassing. Try to read a detailed article about the technology in the suspension alone is enough to give most men woodys!

The price has NOTHING to do with it. I did not come up from that world. My dad built and wrenched on rides my entire life, 67 427 Mustang fastbacks, 59 rancheros, galaxy 500 with blown big blocks. I live in it now because of the business I created from scratch 21 years ago. But in today’s world super cars cost money!! They are expensive!! Titanium, carbon fiber, and engineering is expensive!! Are you now trying to say super cars are not expensive? Your example of the worlds only versatile super car starts at $285,000. I didn’t even mention anything to do with price! I never mentioned anything about money until you did.

You said the GT was a joke, I gave several examples as proof that you are full of shit. A Lemans win and a track record back me up, what backs you up?

You gave a dyno article that showed it being 20hp shy of stated but the article went on to list several reasons for the discrepancy!!

You said your Durango AWD RT would destroy an expo. Unequivocally false.

You just throw shit out there as fact and see what will stick. It’s that big diesel little dick syndrome!

Facts!

Last edited:

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
You are judging whether a vehicle is a super car or not based on what it can be tuned too! That makes no sense whatsoever! It is an unbeleivable vehicle with world class aerodynamics. It has ******* won lemans!! How are you arguing against that! It has set the fastest lap at VIR!! How are you arguing against that? I’m sorry, that is stupidity! You can say, personally, I don’t care for it, I think it should be capable of more power, zthose are personal opinions, but to say it isn’t a super car is flat out wrong!! It hangs with all of its peers. You first said it didn’t fit because it hasn’t run the ring, now you are saying because it isn’t capable of 4 digit power. Neither of those have to do with the fact that it is a automotive community bona fide super car!!

The Supra and the Evo!!!! LOL, man you are seriously crazy. Both incredible engine platforms, meh vehicles. To even mention them in the same sentence as a GT is comical. I owned a 2000 Supra and had a lot of fun making big power with it. Great engines. First engine I ever built myself. I blew it and my dad said the only way it was getting back on the road was if we built it. It was a heavy turd, that could be made to rocket in a straight line.

I never said the ACR or ZR1 did not belong, but the Ford GT bested them both at VIR!! They are a little long in the tooth, and neither had a 10th of the technology the GT has. It was more of pack the most brutal HP we can into a rear wheel drive platform and get the best driver you know!!! Many of my clients have C7 corvettes in their fleets right next the Ferraris and the Lambos. The C7 is where the vette really started to be a contender and utilized pretty aggressive tech. The fact you would choose a reworked LS powered RX7 to take a lap in vs the Ford GT just shows you are typing shit just for the sake of appearing right. That statement is embarrassing. Try to read a detailed article about the technology in the suspension alone is enough to give most men woodys!

The price has NOTHING to do with it. I did not come up from that world. My dad built and wrenched on rides my entire life, 67 427 Mustang fastbacks, 59 rancheros, galaxy 500 with blown big blocks. I live in it now because of the business I created from scratch 21 years ago. But in today’s world super cars cost money!! They are expensive!! Titanium, carbon fiber, and engineering is expensive!! Are you now trying to say super cars are not expensive? Your example of the worlds only versatile super car starts at $285,000. I didn’t even mention anything to do with price! I never mentioned anything about money until you did.

You said the GT was a joke, I gave several examples as proof that you are full of shit. A Lemans win and a track record back me up, what backs you up?

You gave a dyno article that showed it being 20hp shy of stated but the article went on to list several reasons for the discrepancy!!

You said your Durango AWD RT would destroy an expo. Unequivocally false.

You just throw shit out there as fact and see what will stick. It’s that big diesel little dick syndrome!

Facts!

For starters I personally ran a 13 in a stock Durango RT AWD with me weighing 225 at the time. Your not going to do that in an expedition.

Second never said the Supra or Evo would compare as a car. If you read you would've taken from it their small platform engine power potential are monsters compared to the already maxed out EcoBoost offered in the GT.

The GT hasn't ran the ring. When it does and posts times that are consistent then I look forward to being wrong!

The fact you acknowledge that the ACR and ZR1 are ancient animals in regards to what the cars built on goes to show the power house they STILL are compared to the unicorns and rainbows in the GT.

Let's take that same tech and slap it in those cars AAANNNDDDD put them on a diet to bring it to the 3k weight of the GT and it's no freaking competition at all. The GT would be smoked so fast Ford would be looking to pull it from the track before it registered a final track time to spare embarrassment. (Hint: why they haven't posted the ring).

The RX7 was a reference to a better power to weight than what the GT is. I think you read way to deep. The term supercar is a title to define high end low production cars with a 6 figure and above price tag. Tech, handling, power, are all defining functions of a supercar. The Porsche has been the most accessible to the masses for years, and the M series BMWs can give a good feel as a "drivers" car yet isn't a supercar by standards industry sets.

The 720s was my pick as it can run a 9 on the 1/4, can be tracked, and has good top speed potential. Many of the supercars you listed can't accelerate for shit and barely run an 11, and only perform when in the upper gear range. The Avantador for example is a dog from 70-120mph. A supercar to me does it all. Not just really good at one or the other.

Let's see what the new mid position Corvette offers, that should be a major shift in the field and I think that we can agree on.

I don't have any syndrome, I'm not the one trying to nut swing or taking house selfies lol.

The level of oxymoronic hypocrisy in all your statements is mind blowing.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Woulda coulda shoulda!!! LOL. If you put this in that, shaved this off of that. All ******** man. You have issues. Only a moron would deny that the Ford GT is a super car!! Can’t argue with stupid.

Selfie was just for fun. I am proud at the relationships I have formed through the years. Proof that I don’t talk shit. If I say something, it is true. That is my long term client and friend Cliff Williams, bass guitarist for AC/DC. Been all over the country with him. Met his fellow car nut Brian Johnson. Guys that know ******* cars. You’re a wannabe!!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep! Assuming it's a P100D. The trackhawk bests it though.

Yea so no this video(and every other video like it) shows the trach hawk gettin spanked. Hey its ok though, the model x is the fastest stock suv on the market right now bar none.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair the model X fails at being an SUV though. It’s a crossover and it’s not a good vehicle for its case use imo. I will say it has good speed and tech is intuitive. It’s not a competitor to a Durango or TrackHawk as far as functionality goes.

Last edited:

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
Woulda coulda shoulda!!! LOL. If you put this in that, shaved this off of that. All ******** man. You have issues. Only a moron would deny that the Ford GT is a super car!! Can’t argue with stupid.

Selfie was just for fun. I am proud at the relationships I have formed through the years. Proof that I don’t talk shit. If I say something, it is true. That is my long term client and friend Cliff Williams, bass guitarist for AC/DC. Been all over the country with him. Met his fellow car nut Brian Johnson. Guys that know ******* cars. You’re a wannabe!!

You're so predictable! Sit down and learn son.

I really didn't want to have to do this and discredit the article you were flying high on, but here we go.

There ain't no could'a would'a at all.... it's more so a been there done that kinda thing. The 2019 ZR1 makes 755hp and weighs almost 600lbs more than the GT and... all for nearly $250k less! Lol and it's a V8 6.2l for all the big block fans here!

"Chevrolet announced today it was able to lap a 2019 ZR1 equipped with the optional eight-speed auto and ZTK performance package around VIR in 2:37.25. That's 1.37 seconds quicker than the Ford GT's time, making the ZR1 the fastest production vehicle to ever lap the course."

The Ford GT looks nice wearing a second place silver color though. Chevy looks better wearing gold anyways.

So as you said, I'm just a wannabe. I wannabe driving an appropriately powerplanted car if performance is my goal. The EcoBoost IS NOT that, hints the fatal flaw for the GT.

Your effort to name drop was funny though, made me tinkle a little from the outbreak of laughter at you elitist approach to a debate. News flash, I and many others could care less about your life and who you know. Trying to throw an insult just highlights the d-bag in your sparkling eyes..... oh wait those are just tear from finding out your wrong.

Oh well, carry on.

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, let’s be civil and respectful of each other’s opinions. If the dialogue continues with personal attacks and veers farther from the original topic, this thread will be closed.

And for everyone else, Happy holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.