2020 Expedition Max Platinum Purchase Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I took the "oldest vehicle in the inventory approach" at the end of the month. I did my research and found that a local dealer had a platinum AWD vehicle on his lot for over 10 months and he was willing to make a deal. I hate black vehicles, but he sold me an $83K vehicle for $60K and black did not seem so bad after all :cool:.

I had a friend take the same approach and lightning did strike twice.

Good method. How do you check time on the lot?

Black isn’t so bad. It’s impossible to keep clean and must be washed super carefully but they look nice when clean and well cared for....though I always think “fleet car/livery” when I see one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Black isn’t so bad. It’s impossible to keep clean and must be washed super carefully but they look nice when clean and well cared for....though I always think “fleet car/livery” when I see one.

I have black and vowed I would never get another vehicle in black before I got this. While black is super high maintenance as it shows EVERYTHING once cleaned and shined looks amazing. Although the med ceramic interior really helps with the light and gives it a bit of a Navi feel...imo lol.

I usually think Tony Soprano when I see a big hulking black SUV lol.

Jamaican Cruiser

Reaction score
I normally use car gurus (https://www.cargurus.com/) to determine the length of time a vehicle has been on the lot. Select a vehicle and scroll down to the "negotiation" section and it will tell you "days at the dealership" and "days on Guru". It also shows price history which is good, as sometimes dealers drop the price at the end of the month and then raise mid-month. This was you get to see what the lowest price they have listed. You see more vehicles on other sites, but get more information on CarGurus.

That is one reason, some dealers do not list their vehicles on the site.

Last edited:

flying68

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is an example of what referred to. Before negotiations- MSRP $82.5K ... listed price $68.2K ... there are huge deals out there and you will find better deals in higher trims, as they tend to sit longest

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/805749689/overview/
Fine print:

Price includes: $1250 - Ford Credit Retail Bonus Customer Cash. Exp. 09/08/2020 $2000 - Retail Customer Cash. Exp. 09/08/2020 $4545 - RCL Renewal. Exp. 09/08/2020 New vehicle prices are A/Z plan prices for eligible customers.

Deceptive pricing.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score

you can gauge off the build date listed on the window sticker

NickTaylor82

Reaction score
Just got a dealer to agree to 62700 for a 2020 limited max 4x4 with 303 group . Msrp of 80900. All rebates , 500 mil and private 2k offer from ford .