2020 Platinum Reverse Lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I replaced my backup lights on my Platinum, and yesterday my tag lights. Now my Platinum is 100% LED.
I find it so odd, on high end Expeditions and Explorers where all the lights are LED, Ford used halogen bulbs on backup and tag lights. My Son just purchased a new Explorer and the backup and tag lights are halogen.
I used the following bulbs, plug and play with no errors:
Backup Light Bulbs and Tag Light bulbs <----- Both are super bright
You don't have to spend a lot of money to get quality lights.
I did not go with the backup bulb with cable and full replacement tag light and lens model as the design causes the plug not to be sealed and the housing on the backup light also gets moisture. Using a factory style replacement bulb prevents that from happening because of the gasket sealing the housing and bulb.

Last edited:

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I replaced my backup lights on my Platinum, and yesterday my tag lights. Now my Platinum is 100% LED.
I find it so odd, on high end Expeditions and Explorers where all the lights are LED, Ford used halogen bulbs on backup and tag lights. My Son just purchased a new Explorer and the backup and tag lights are halogen.
I used the following bulbs, plug and play with no errors:
Backup Light Bulbs and Tag Light bulbs <----- Both are super bright
You don't have to spend a lot of money to get quality lights.
I did not go with the backup bulb with cable and full replacement tag light and lens model as the design causes the plug not to be sealed and the housing on the backup light also gets moisture. Using a factory style replacement bulb prevents that from happening because of the gasket sealing the housing and bulb.
Thanks for the links. I just used a link to purchase the tag leds since thats to simple and quick to change out. Im going to wait until a reverse halogen bulb burns out before I pull the tail housings to switch to led.

2021Expy

Reaction score
Do Diesel Leds man. They are 1056 lumens a piece. I love them on mine. Definitely worth the price and fantastic customer support.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
DIESELLEDS.COM they are the best reverse lights on the market.
This is just my opinion based on dozens of LED bulb replacements:
I'm not saying your bulb is bad. But I still don't like any replacement bulb with a pigtail and/or secondary coupler. The seal on the lens housing and coupler may be good. But it always makes the connection to the factory harness capable of getting moisture and corrosion. So, for me it's always better to be able to connect the factory harness directly to the bulb and lens housing, just like Ford designed, creating a decent seal against the elements.
Also $125.00 buys a lot of high-quality backup light LED replacement bulbs, especially when the specs are the same on a less than $25 replacement. A 3-year warranty is better than 1 year warranty. But for me, it is not worth 5 times the cost.

LegalBrief

Reaction score
Easier and better setup..

Add a 5 pin adapter to trailer wiring by, inserting behind 7 pin (Curtis 55384 part), then using the female 5 pin solder up and shrink tube some decent light, mount underneath and presto in reverse you can see