2021 Rear wiper washer fluid leak on front passenger floor board

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kryichek

Reaction score
When engaging the rear wiper fluid, it is leaking behind the glove box and onto the front passenger floor board. Anyone have a diagram on how these hoses are routed from the reservoir?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
oh my, that sounds fun! you have a 21, still under warranty? granted it may take 2 weeks at the dealer but my concern would be any electronics or modules potentially getting wet and having issues later. Either there's a union down there that's leaking or worse, maybe it was crimped or something during manufacturing. tearing apart the dash will not be fun.

OP
OP
K

kryichek

Reaction score
oh my, that sounds fun! you have a 21, still under warranty? granted it may take 2 weeks at the dealer but my concern would be any electronics or modules potentially getting wet and having issues later. Either there's a union down there that's leaking or worse, maybe it was crimped or something during manufacturing. tearing apart the dash will not be fun.
At 52k standard warranty long gone. I do have Premium Care but who knows if this is covered. I'll do some more in-depth looking behind the glove box and hopefully be able to see something. Not looking forward to stupid dealer waiting period just to get a diagnosis.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My first inclination would be to trace the hoses from the pump and see where they go through the firewall, that would tell you if you even have a chance of getting to it.

OpticonBill

Reaction score
Oddly enough, I had this problem on my 97 Eddie Bauer Expedition. Behind the passenger foot well kick plate on the right side is a hose connection for the rear window washing fluid. The pressure the washer pump puts into the hose causes the hose to disconnect.