2022 Ford Expedition Timberline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RussD89

Reaction score
Will be trading our 2018 XLT FX4 for one of these as soon as available

Curious as to why? What makes this better than your FX4 that's only 3 years old? And I'm not being a smartass, I'm truly curious.

I'm not in the market myself, having just recently purchased my own FX4, but if there's value to be had form this vs what I've got that I've added my own AT tires, bilstiens, and soon to be sway bar, then that offer I got from the dealer to buy my 3 month old "used" expedition (seriously, got an offer for what i signed on the dotted line for at 7 weeks after i took delivery) becomes interesting.

But I don't see anything other than it's got the same ford shocks that tend to have leaky problems randomly, some larger tires that any dealer would likely swap out for you, and some fancy badging that says timberline to go along with maybe some small extras that can be put on your current one. Now, if you've got some miles on yours, or having some continual nagging issues, it makes more sense. I won't be judging if your answer is "Because I want to" either, because I completely get that line of thinking.

Flexpy19

Reaction score
This coupled with the hybrid powerplant and Bluecruise if they are adding that to the 2022 would be interesting.

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Curious as to why? What makes this better than your FX4 that's only 3 years old? And I'm not being a smartass, I'm truly curious.

I'm not in the market myself, having just recently purchased my own FX4, but if there's value to be had form this vs what I've got that I've added my own AT tires, bilstiens, and soon to be sway bar, then that offer I got from the dealer to buy my 3 month old "used" expedition (seriously, got an offer for what i signed on the dotted line for at 7 weeks after i took delivery) becomes interesting.

But I don't see anything other than it's got the same ford shocks that tend to have leaky problems randomly, some larger tires that any dealer would likely swap out for you, and some fancy badging that says timberline to go along with maybe some small extras that can be put on your current one. Now, if you've got some miles on yours, or having some continual nagging issues, it makes more sense. I won't be judging if your answer is "Because I want to" either, because I completely get that line of thinking.

Because our 2018 will over 60k miles on it & I trade every 3-4 years
Like the fact that they have improved entry & exit clearances
we often use ours off road in the desert around us:33:

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The grill and lights look very VW-esque in my opinion. Literally looks like the front end of a Passat/Jetta.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Like the fact that they have improved entry & exit clearances
It certainly looks like it, but i'm curious how: did they ride up the frame rails front and rear? The front skid plate looks like it goes up to the hooks, which is how I have mine, but it looks steeper (I was disappointed when adding the plate to mine, as it didn't have as 'extreme' slope). I'm wondering if the hook mounting point is raised. As for the rear, it looks like they just lifted the rear bumper up a bit.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is the Torsen diff in the front? That would be killer. Works pretty good in the Raptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So a new grill/bumper/headlight/taillight treatment. Just a pretty standard mid cycle refresh. I like. Those timberline wheels are slick too. Ill wait for the next gen to come out before I trade up. Perhaps by then an excursion will be introduced again.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So a new grill/bumper/headlight/taillight treatment. Just a pretty standard mid cycle refresh. I like. Those timberline wheels are slick too. Ill wait for the next gen to come out before I trade up. Perhaps by then an excursion will be introduced again.

After owning a Expy Max for two years now. As a test to se if I could replace my F-150 and Superduty. A more refined Excursion would be the best of both worlds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk