2023 Expy Ltd. Driver side door power buttons stop working intermittently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stsysar

Reaction score
Driver side controls for the front passenger and driver side windows, power mirror adjustment and folding function don't work (basically all buttons above the rear window power buttons). The blacklighting on the buttons also doesn't work. The power buttons for the rear windows work fine. I can operate the passenger side window using passage side controls with no problems.

This issue occurs intermittently. So far, I had it happen to me 3 or 4 times. It seems to go away on it's own and the buttons stsrt working again after the vehicle is parked for a day or so. It happened again today and I hope it resolves on its own, but I have had happen twice already in a week.

I see this as a safety issues as I am not able to open the windows or adjust side mirrors. I just need to time it to take it to Ford, but in the meantime, I want to see if this something that I can resolve my self, perhaps a loose connection somewhere...

I would appreciate you thought or feedback on this issue to hopefully help me resolve it.

Cheers.

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Stsysar

Reaction score
Thanks. I will give it a try. The strange thing that it is intermittent and then the issue resoves on its own.

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. I will give it a try. The strange thing that it is intermittent and then the issue resoves on its own.

Maybe the fuse is loose and wiggling into and out of contact?

Or maybe the fuse burnt out partially, and there's a small contact still happening?

Best change it and see if that resolves the issue. It's certainly the cheapest thing to try first!

OP
OP
S

Stsysar

Reaction score
Maybe the fuse is loose and wiggling into and out of contact?

Or maybe the fuse burnt out partially, and there's a small contact still happening?

Best change it and see if that resolves the issue. It's certainly the cheapest thing to try first!
Yes, I will check it and will report back.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
check the fuse but this is a '23. get that thing into a dealership service bay while it's not working, and show them, also take videos of the issues. Things like this have a habit of correcting themselves right as you pull into the drive at the dealer and then you'll get the "sorry, we couldn't replicate the issue". That's frustrating, my thing is that if you can operate the windows with their own switches, but not the main switch panel on the drivers door I don't think it's a fuse, I'm wondering for example if the wiring harness on the back of the switches is loose or something. Could they have broken one of the harness tabs and it's loose? Something like that feels more realistic to me.

OP
OP
S

Stsysar

Reaction score
Yes, I suspect it is something more than just a fuse. I have take a video of it and have gone to the dealship but couldn't leave the vehicle there. Have to followup with them again.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, I suspect it is something more than just a fuse. I have take a video of it and have gone to the dealship but couldn't leave the vehicle there. Have to followup with them again.
You may have a loose ground on the door, the dealer will be able to take a closer look. Example of this is the backlighting not working.

OP
OP
S

Stsysar

Reaction score
Yes, I had some issues with trailer lighting. So, I am not sure if it is related......

Borked

Reaction score
I also have a 2023 expedition and had this same thing happen to me last week for the first time at the Dunkin’ drive thru. Lasted about a day and resolved itself.