2024 Expedition Limited on order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MBrown551

Reaction score
I placed an order for a 2024 Limited with the 302A package. Stone Blue Metallic, Mahogany Interior CCD Suspension with road preview, and the base 12 inch Sync 4 screen (I want actual buttons). I can't wait for it to come in, however I am concerned about this running board issue. I live in a snowy climate and I do see some Expeditions/Navigators with running boards down. I have seen that this can be resolved by using aftermarket lubricants. My question is will this void my warranty if I prep my running boards from day one?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You shouldn't need to do anything from day one, assuming it wasn't missed on the line, they are lubricated just fine. The real issue is overtime with salt, sodium chloride, dirt, etc getting into the moving parts. I have a pretty simple routine that for me has worked very well and yes, I too live in a snowy environment with all kinds of roadway treatments used from good ol' sand to anything else. I partially open a door on each side and spray everything down really well every time I wash the vehicle with a gas pressure washer. And then maybe quarterly I do the process of spraying a good penetrating lubricant into all the moving parts and hinges, then scrub them with a stiff plastic bristle brush, then spray the same parts all out with some Boshield T-9. I put my oil change pan under each one to catch the drips.

Pretty simple, no issues yet.

Johhn14

Reaction score
I live in a snowy compliant. I have a 2019 and they got jammed up a couple times. I cleaned them and coated them with fluid film. No issues since (~2 years).

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm from the SF Bay Area so there is no snow, but I hear it's good to spray the running board joints with Boeshield T-9 in snowy regions before it gets stuck.

BravoAlpha

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I placed an order for a 2024 Limited with the 302A package. Stone Blue Metallic, Mahogany Interior CCD Suspension with road preview, and the base 12 inch Sync 4 screen (I want actual buttons). I can't wait for it to come in, however I am concerned about this running board issue. I live in a snowy climate and I do see some Expeditions/Navigators with running boards down. I have seen that this can be resolved by using aftermarket lubricants. My question is will this void my warranty if I prep my running boards from day one?

Lube away. Say nothing.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You shouldn't need to but it can't hurt. The biggest issue is dirt. I keep mine clean, pressure wash every 1-2 weeks especially in the winter. Lubricate good 2-3 times a year. No issues. Funny, everything is working fine but the powder coated exterior of the motors is now peeling off and rusting.

As for lubricating and cleaning, Ford publishes a procedure for doing just that, they couldn't "void" your warranty if you take time to do it right. Someone on here once posted the procedure, similar to the procedure for caring for the pano-roof.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Weathertech mud flap/splash guards are fitted for the running boards. They work great at keeping road crap from coating the mechanisms. The Weathertech's are easy to put on and look great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire