2024 Expedition Transmission Made in China?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On Parts Content Information sheet, it shows:

Engine: MEX
Transmission: CHN
Final Assembly Point: Louisville, KY

OP
OP
H

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ooohhh, that's fun.
It seems to me that Ford feels disappointed on U.S. transmission plants (class lawsuits), and then try its China plant to see if Chinese workers can build better. I am not saying it's good or bad coz I don't know. It's just interesting.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not surprised. You have to factor how many components are included and where they are all manufactured, plus shipping logistics. The supply chain is more complex than people realize. You can build high quality in China. But you have to be willing to pay more too.

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting. I can't find any information indicating that Ford is assembling 10 speeds in Changan. I also don't see an record of any investment in Changan that would support such a move ($B's) The 10 speeds all look to be assembled in Livonia, MI. The only Transmissions that I see manufactured in China for US assembly are Manuals, specifically 7-speeds for Bronco's. Does anyone else have information showing when/if Ford started assembling 10 speeds in China for US Assembly?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65