'22 Ordering questions / options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cj05

Reaction score
Have people experienced pushback from dealers on a-plan pricing? I'm 0-for-1 so far....dealer claims they arent fully reimbursed by Ford and thus theyre not willing to accept it for the 22 expy.

OP
OP
C

chaffdb

Reaction score
Unless something has changed, Ford offers an incentive protection program. I.e., dealers can lock in incentives at the time of order. Some dealers opt to do this and some don’t. Usually you can lock them in at the time of order and then take whichever rebates are higher (those when ordered or those when delivered). Participation is decided at the dealer level not by Ford. My source is Ford Customer Service directly as well as multiple dealers.
This is what I was told today by my dealer, also. Applied at order but if better at sale day can use those.

Somehow I just realized that the Heavy Duty Trailer Tow requires deleting Active Park Assist 2.0 and that the 360-Degree camera is different. I'm pretty disappointed. Really want the 3.73 gears, but the other stuff in the Heavy Duty Trailer Tow is not as big of deal, so now we are questioning what to do...

rpw2021

Reaction score
We won't know for sure until these vehicles arrive in the wild, but my understanding is that the HD Tow Package still has the same cameras and views.

Personally, I still went with HD Tow. I've had the park assist option in my last couple cars and have never used it except to play around with it.

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That makes sense but there has to be a downside for the dealers otherwise there would be no reason to not take part in the program. My guess is it reduces their margin somehow and if they are already discounting, then it may not be worth “participating”
I don’t know that level of detail, but I’ve always perceived it to be an “effort” thing. Probably takes slightly more effort to research and lock them in when you can instead just say wait until delivery and not deal with what is or isn’t applicable to orders. The dealers I talked to made it sound very easy to do but others had no idea how to do it. That’s my take anyways. Granger just flat out told me they usually don’t do it without too much of a reason. But did tell me they could still do it retroactively at delivery. So I guess we’ll see.

OP
OP
C

chaffdb

Reaction score
We won't know for sure until these vehicles arrive in the wild, but my understanding is that the HD Tow Package still has the same cameras and views.

Personally, I still went with HD Tow. I've had the park assist option in my last couple cars and have never used it except to play around with it.
Thanks. I actually just chatted with someone with the "Ford Build and Price Chat team," and she confirmed that the 360 views and cameras were the same, with the addition of the trailer reverse guidance with HD Tow. Below are direct quotes from the chat:

I see that the Heavy-Duty trailer Tow Package comes with two of the features from the Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 bundle. These features would be Reverse Brake Assist (part of the 302A bundle already) and the 360-degree Camera with Trailer Reverse Guidance. The only feature that would be excluded would be the Active Park Assist 2.0 feature.

I do see that the camera views will still be the same for both 360-degree systems.

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have people experienced pushback from dealers on a-plan pricing? I'm 0-for-1 so far....dealer claims they arent fully reimbursed by Ford and thus theyre not willing to accept it for the 22 expy.
Off the lot? Or special order? Special order costs them nothing. Or come Michigan, where not accepting A Plan is a suicide.

1sttimer

Reaction score
I'm preparing to order a 22 Max, having a hard time deciding on what trim/options to order. Ordering from Granger for the 3% less invoice. Also worried about timing of delivery, given rates will surely be going up by the time it is delivered, it's going to get more expensive.

I really like the look of Limited Stealth packages, but do not like the red stitching. I like the Stealth Performance for the non-slip axle and 22 speaker sound system (over the Stealth pkg). Plus, adding the Sync 4A 15.5" and CCD makes it almost in reach of the Platinum by about $1k.

The Platinum has Blue Cruise, tiered cargo and multicontour seats with Active Motion (massage?!) and all the other things I like in the Limited Stealth Performance (minus the red stitching), but loses the awesome exterior look.

Also, don't have anything huge I'm towing, but considering the HD tow package.

Share your opinions! Thanks!

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Share your opinions! Thanks!
Blue Cruise is worth it, especially if you put on a lot of intercity highway miles. Actually, even in stop and go city highway miles. That's my personal experience on my Mustang Mach E. In fact it was the single factor that made me not take delivery of my 2021 Limited Special Edition and go to the 2022 Platinum, instead.

I had massage seats on my 2019 Platinum. Seems like a gimmick to me, but my wife seems to like them. She misses them on the Mach E.

You'll get used to the big screen!

rpw2021

Reaction score
Blue Cruise is worth it, especially if you put on a lot of intercity highway miles. Actually, even in stop and go city highway miles. That's my personal experience on my Mustang Mach E. In fact it was the single factor that made me not take delivery of my 2021 Limited Special Edition and go to the 2022 Platinum, instead.

I had massage seats on my 2019 Platinum. Seems like a gimmick to me, but my wife seems to like them. She misses them on the Mach E.

You'll get used to the big screen!

Blue Cruise looks great, and for long road trips should be awesome.

In my Volvos the "lane keeping" system (they call it 'Pilot Assist') and the stop-and-go adaptive cruise control also cuts the fatigue of long distance driving tremendously — it's not as good as the full self-steering of Blue Cruise, but good enough to make you resolve to never buy a car without those systems again.

I'm hoping the Ford version of Pilot Assist is equivalent to the Volvo stuff. From the descriptions and videos, it looks like it.