265 70 r17

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kjunsa

Reaction score
hello all,

i need to get new tires for my expy...

any recommendation for reasonable priced ones?

thanks

ssbroly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let's see. How long do you plan on keeping your Expedition? If you plan on keeping it for a long time, in my opinion, don't hold back. Spend the extra money and get a good set of shoes, cheap ones always fall apart. If you live in an area where you get a ton of snow, I'd go with the Nokian Vatiivas. I bought a set of these 8 years ago, put them on my explorer. Before I sold the explorer, I put them on my mom's Jimmy. She's still rockin them. Excellent on pavement, phenominal on snow. If you're looking for a good all-terrain that is pretty beefy and will last a while, The Bridgestone Duelers A/T are great too. The don'thandle quite as well in the snow as the Nokians do, but with a vehicle as heavy as the Expedition you'll be fine. Both tires will run 800-900 dollars all the way around, but they're both well worth the money. That price is also with the 15 dollar per tire warranty, which if you ever get a nail in one of them or one fails, you only pay the 15 bucks, rather than re-purchasing the tire for the full price. If you plan on sellin you're Expedition anytime soon, get some wal-marters.
Keepin mind, though, you get what you pay for. Hope I helped you out some.

Bridgestone Duelers A/T 265/70/17

joezek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My vote goes to General Tires, Grabber HT's. I live in FL, no snow. I've had Michelins, Toyo Proxes, Kumhos, and BFG's on my explorer and they all were great for about 8 months and then turned to crap. They technically had many miles left, but rode horribly as soon as the soft outer tread wore off.

But I've had the General Grabber's on there for a few years and they're like the day I bought them. They're super smooth and silent on the highway and look almost new still.

OP
OP
K

Kjunsa

Reaction score
well, since i live in cail, i dont need snow tires.

generals, huh?

thanks guys

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my bfg ats r great tires. i have them my dad has them my uncles have them and mys dads jeep has them. wear great, but price is what you pay for it.

cherokeexj32

Reaction score
Tires

Sears is having a pretty good sale today on tires. I bought their warranty on a new set of tires for my Subaru and already used it once with no problems. In fact I got a new tire that just cost me a few extra bucks since it would not be fixed (hit a nasty pothole).

Tobygot

Reaction score
I got BFG all terrain TA/KO's when I had 6,000 miles. They now have 67,000 miles on them and I think I'll get around 80,000 out of them. I drive slow though. Easy accelerating and easy on the turns.
I had the same tires on a Jeep Wrangler that I would use to go rock crawling. You can tear chunks out of the side walls of these tires and they don't pop.
I've seen people pop tires from rubbing against curbs while pulling into parking spots.
One day I bumped a curb going about 25 mph with my BFG's and I didn't pop a tire. These are the only tires I will ever buy.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah mine are the same way. one of my tires is missing pieces of side wall. cause i dragged the tire from under my truck on the driveway and tore stripes in it. still hold air. and with the nail i had i put a plug and it still holds. and off road at 20lbs of pressure it held great too. i might switch tires if i go bigger but im think some km1s i dont like the km2s.