2nd Row Console Option for Gen 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmer

Reaction score
Trying to figure out a way to fill most of the gap between the 2nd row buckets in my 2020 shorty.

We have two labs and one child who rides in a car seat. My old F150 worked well for this with the 60/40 split since i could fold up the driver side portion of the 2nd row seat and throw a dog bed down while keeping the passenger side 2nd row seat in the normal position for the car seat.

Right now in the expy I fold down the driver side bucket seat, then jam a couple rubbermaid bins in between the buckets so a large dog bed has a flat surface to lay on and the car seat can go in the passenger side bucket.

Trying to find a more permanent solution, ideally something that looks more factory than a rubbermaid bin and maybe even has cupholders/storage in it for 2nd row passengers when using both bucket seats.

Has anyone done this or aware of an aftermarket console that might fit in there? Thought about trying to find a 2nd row console from a navigator but even if I could find a used one at a reasonable price, none of the electronics in it would work and the wood trim/finishes wouldn't match.

I dont mind spending a few hundred bucks for a better looking more permanent solution but hard to justify dropping $1000 or more on a Navi console and figuring out how to attach it.

Would also be nice to be able to remove the console without too much effort down the road if we have another kid and the dogs get pushed back to the cargo area.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Trying to figure out a way to fill most of the gap between the 2nd row buckets in my 2020 shorty.

We have two labs and one child who rides in a car seat. My old F150 worked well for this with the 60/40 split since i could fold up the driver side portion of the 2nd row seat and throw a dog bed down while keeping the passenger side 2nd row seat in the normal position for the car seat.

Right now in the expy I fold down the driver side bucket seat, then jam a couple rubbermaid bins in between the buckets so a large dog bed has a flat surface to lay on and the car seat can go in the passenger side bucket.

Trying to find a more permanent solution, ideally something that looks more factory than a rubbermaid bin and maybe even has cupholders/storage in it for 2nd row passengers when using both bucket seats.

Has anyone done this or aware of an aftermarket console that might fit in there? Thought about trying to find a 2nd row console from a navigator but even if I could find a used one at a reasonable price, none of the electronics in it would work and the wood trim/finishes wouldn't match.

I dont mind spending a few hundred bucks for a better looking more permanent solution but hard to justify dropping $1000 or more on a Navi console and figuring out how to attach it.

Would also be nice to be able to remove the console without too much effort down the road if we have another kid and the dogs get pushed back to the cargo area.

Another option may be a center seat from a bench seat. It folds flat, but I’m unsure of the compatibility. You would at the very least have to remove the armrest from the bucket seats.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have something made at a place that does car interiors. Might cost more but you’ll get what you want. If you are in SC my brother does good work I head.

OP
OP
J

Jimmer

Reaction score
Have something made at a place that does car interiors. Might cost more but you’ll get what you want. If you are in SC my brother does good work I head.
That's a good idea. I know a guy who recovers dentist office type chairs for a living and also does boat seats and covers on the side. I'll give him a shout and see what he thinks.